Pages

Saturday 22 July 2017

Sunflower

The weather today is more of the 'stay indoors' type - not as bad as the wind and rain yesterday but still none to special.  I thought it was time I tried out a recent freebie stamp set and as it features sunflowers should remind us of real summer.  It is quite a simple card because the flower stamp is fairly large, not leaving much extra space to be filled on a card.  Image was coloured with Inktense pencils and I've used some of the free papers which came with the magazine, reasonable quality paper rather than some which I always think are too shiny and flimsy to use.  The word stamps were also part of the set and I did colour and cut out a flower pot but somehow it just didn't seem to fit onto the card anywhere so that will be saved for another occasion.


Stamps and papers - freebies from recent magazine
Labels die - Spellbinders
Banner die - Sue Wilson
Image colouring - Inktense pencils/water

5 comments:

  1. Pretty sunflower card Val and I like the sentiment

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card looks lovely Val and I love your colour combination. The sentiment and verse look great on the tag. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sunflower looks fab . The papers are a nice colour choice. Raining here today too so catching up on everyone's blogs. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely is that sunflower standing proud as a focal point, I like the blues and greens you've chosen, really lets the flower shine, a fab card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Val, how I agree with you about the freebie shiny papers - sometimes they are completely unusable as they overpower the card design. Your card here is lovely and just what we need to brighten the dull days of summer. x Anne

    ReplyDelete